High School Athletics
Subscribe to your team’s calendar below!
Each sports team has their own Google Calendar. To subscribe to a team’s calendar, click the link below:
HIGH SCHOOL TEAMS:
HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS CALENDAR
HS Men's JV & Varsity Basketball Practic
November 26, 2022 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Before the season begins, all student-athletes must complete the Athletic Clearance process using Final Forms.
Registration for the 2021-2022 school year
Registration can be started, even without all of your documents, but in order to complete the registration process and receive clearance to participate, all student-athletes must complete all forms and signature before the first day of try-outs, practice, and games.
What informations will I need to complete the Athletic Clearance process on Final Forms?
Completed Sports Physical*
Emergency contact names and phone numbers
Medical and dental professional’s names and phone numbers
Final Forms Parent Playbook to create an account
*We recommend all student-athletes get their sports physical during the summer months for the upcoming school-year. Contact your medical practitioner to schedule your sports physical.
Sports Physical Form – Take this form to your sports physical appointment with your doctor.
Click here to view the HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS HANDBOOK
Dual Sports Participation:
What is dual sports participation?
Participation in two (2) sports during the same season. This does not include the overlapping season (e.i., finishing the fall season cross country season and beginning to practice with the winter season basketball program)
What are the steps to dual sports participation?
- Review the required criteria for dual sports participation
- Schedule a meeting with the Athletic Director, to include the student-athlete and a parent/guardian
- If approved by the Athletic Director, collect signatures from each coach and the high school principal
Click here to download the Dual Sports Participation For1
FALL | July to November
WINTER | November to February
2021-2022 Sports fees are collected for each sport to support the season supply, equipment, and facilities costs.
Additional charges may apply for team practice gear, personalized gear, tournament fees, tournament over-night accommodations, and optional team spirit packs.
- Baseball $300
- Basketball $300
- Cheer $200, Fall
- Cheer $150, Winter
- Cross Country $200
- Football $300
- Golf $200
- Soccer $300
- Softball $300
- Swim $200
- Track & Field $200
- Volleyball $300
Welcome to high school athletics at VCS. Here are some general aspects of our athletics programs that are consistent across most high school sports teams:
- Commitment – Athletes are expected to be at every practice and contest.
- Seasons – A typical season last approximately 12-14 weeks.
- Practices – Each week teams practice 4-6 days, Monday through Saturday. No practices on Sundays. Practices range from 1.5 to 2 hours in length. Varsity teams occasionally run double-days early in the season, totaling 3-4 hours of practice time.
- Contests – Once contests begin, expect 1-3 contests per week.
- Competition – Our teams compete at a high level in the Sierra Delta League, Div. VI. Divisions are based on school size, not quality of competition.
- Varsity & JV – Our programs competes at both the Varsity and Junior Varsity levels.
- Transportation – Our teams use charter buses, vans, and parent-carpools to travel to and from contests.
- Coaches – Our coaching staff is comprised of both on-campus faculty coaches and off-campus coaches.
“A good coach can change a game. A great coach can change a life.”
– John Wooden
- California Interscholastic Federation, C.I.F. – State governing body for high school athletics
- Sac-Joaquin Section – VCS is a member of this C.I.F. Section Office
- Sierra Delta League – VCS high school athletics league
- Understanding Transfer Eligibility – What are the rules and impact on a student-athlete transferring from one high school to another?
- REQUIRED CIF form for all Transfer Students: CIFSJS Certification – Transfer Student
- MaxPreps – Source for high school scores and stats
- Scorebook Live – Source for high school scores and stats
- National Federation of High School Sports, NFHS – National governing body for high school athletics
- NCAA – Want to Play in College?
- NAIA – Future College Student-Athletes
- NCSA, Next College Student Athlete – Helping student-athletes get recruited
- Scholarships for Student-Athletes